Barcamp Gold Coast #16 !
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
It’s that time of year again! Come along to the 16th Gold Coast barcamp.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend Barcamps. They are fun, social, as informal as we can make them, educational in many ways; and you get to be a participant in it, perhaps helping keep it a notch away from anarchy, and leading or participating in the discussion sessions that arise.
The next Barcamp is at TechSpace in Mudgeeraba Please RSVP right here on this meetup group. The event is free to attend for everyone.
What is barcamp?
tldr: an informal conference. Self organised short presentations or hands on workshops spread across a number of rooms through out the day.
• Wikipedia Barcamp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp
• We loosly follow some of these guidelines/rules: http://barcamp.org/w/page/405173/TheRulesOfBarCamp • Twitter : #barcampgc
• Driving: see the Google Map (https://goo.gl/maps/Dj7feNbWwzL2). There is plenty of parking there. If you far away and need a ride or happy to pick someone up – feel free to use comments below to arrange something.
• Public Transport: Train to Robina Station, then get the 758 bus towards Merimac (or get an Uber (http://uber.com) – it’s about a 5-10min drive away)
• Arrive any time after 9am, to help set up, or drink coffee :-).
123Host.com.au is a Mudgeeraba based web host that is a long time supporter of Bar Camp and Techspace. Steve, the owner, has a philosophy to “provide the level of customer service he wishes he received from others”. 123Host servers are based in Sydney and are fast and not over-crowded. He’d like to shout you a morning coffee, courtesy of 123Host.