Gold Coast Innovation Hub are proud to be organising and sponsoring this weekend’s Techstars Startup Weekend Gold Coast in Burleigh Heads. Massive thanks to our venue sponsors, Envirotech Education who have made it possible for us to host the weekend in such a beautiful part of the city and to Study Gold Coast, Scale Innovations, Opmantek and Impact Tech Summit for your contributions of support and prizes for the event.
If you have never been to a Startup Weekend before and want to understand why everyone is getting so excited about one weekend – here are 10 reasons why people LOVE attending beyond the fact that you get to bring awesome business ideas to life.
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning by doing, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Co-founder dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Fun: During the weekend you will be working alongside awesome people who share your ideas. Techstars Startup Weekend is meant to be fun and entertaining so enjoy it.
- Solve local problems with your ideas: Do you think that one of your ideas can change your town or have a positive impact in your group of people? Bring your idea notebook with you and start making a positive change in your local community.
- Build your network: Techstars Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
- Try something new: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Techstars Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
- Win great prizes: We have some awesome sponsors that have put forward some brilliant prizes for the most viable business, the most revenue generated in the weekend and the most environmentally sustainable idea.
- Access awesome mentorship: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Techstars Startup Weekends and give feedback to participants. Interact with the movers and shakers in the Gold Coast community.
- Access valuable startup resources: By participating in Techstars Startup Weekend you are given instant access to great products and tools. No one leaves Techstars Startup Weekend empty handed! Click here to learn more about some of the offers our Global Sponsors provide during the event.
- Value for money: Your ticket includes seven meals, snacks, and all the coffee you can drink – with tickets starting at $40 per person that has got to be cheaper than staying home for the weekend!