Hi Everyone, Sharon here with the first Gold Coast Hub update.
While we have been busy promoting and supporting community and partner activities over the last few months there has been heaps of other work going on behind the scenes – I wanted to keep you all up to date as things progress so that you can all share in the excitement and momentum that is building around the GC Hub.
I’ll be posting an update bi-monthly to let you know how we are progressing as we launch our first initiatives and head toward the official hub launch which we are anticipating will be in November.
[fancy_header type=”3″]What are we working on?[/fancy_header]
- Our primary focus for the past couple of months has been to find a suitable space for the GC Hub’s central co-working and event space. This has been quite a lengthly process and I would like to thank everyone that helped us to locate and assess potential properties over the past couple of months. We are excited to say that we have identified a site in Surfers Paradise and are currently negotiating terms on the space.
- We have also had meetings with a number of key corporate partners around the development and delivery of the sports accelerator and several other ‘feeder’ events aimed at raising awareness of the accelerator and quality of accelerator participants.
- We have had a particularly strong response to the GC Hub from early stage, high growth companies looking for support to scale, we have responded to this with the launch of a monthly scale-up lunch and some structured mentoring sessions. To find out more email email@example.com
[fancy_header type=”3″]What’s Next?[/fancy_header]
- Pre-registrations for both the coworking space and accelerator programs will be announced shortly so keep an eye on our newsletters and on Facebook for updates.
- We will be announcing some exciting new partnerships and the first of our new pre-accelerator initiatives.
- We will start the search for our first space Co-ordinator – advertisements for the role will be released shortly so if you or someone you know has a passion for innovation and community be sure to get your application in!
[fancy_header type=”3″]Thank You![/fancy_header]
The support that we have received from the Gold Coast tech and startup communities has been incredible and we are so appreciative of everyone that has come forward with offers to help. The pre-launch community forum had minimal promotion yet attracted an enormous enthusiastic crowd resulting in multiple new opportunities for strategic partnerships with many of these conversations ongoing.
We have accepted over 1000 registrations as members since pre-launch and supported so many things already including IT Forum Gold Coast, Founders Forum, Small Business Association, Griffith University, Startup Weekend, Fuckup Nights and loads of other Gold Coast events through funding, promotion and volunteering of services.
Well done to the GC Hub team and thank you to our growing hub community – I look forward to bringing you another update next month as the countdown to November and further soft/pre-launches of the programs occur.
Sharon Hunneybell – CEO GC Hub