Do you have a passion for events? Do you enjoy working in teams to create the best possible experience and outcomes for attendees?
The Gold Coast Innovation Hub is offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Event Marketing and Management Trainee to join our team based in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast!
You will work closely with our Community Manager and Events Coordinator to deliver the following tasks:
- Assist in general management and execution of events and programs
- Marketing and event development
- Promoting and managing a range of events
- Assisting with general administrative tasks for the Gold Coast Startup and Small Business community as well as managing our growing membership organisation
The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional events. You will also:
- Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be an innovative thinker
- Possess strong organisation and time management skills
- Provide excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Friendly demeanour and hard working
- Love challenging and rewarding opportunities
- Ideally studying or recently completed study in Event Management, Marketing or related field
You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands on experience in the event management industry
- Join a friendly and rewarding working environment
- We will invest in you as a person and help you to succeed in a professional environment
You will report to and be mentored by our experienced Community Manager, Danielle Gallery and Events Coordinator Summer Brown.
Hours will be arranged by mutual agreement (flexible to the needs of the trainee and the business). Hours can range from 8:30am – 5pm. This is a paid full time / part time position.
Events you will be involved with include:
- Monthly community networking (cocktail event)
- Monthly lunch and learn event (sit down lunch with speaker)
- Bi-monthly female founders brunch (a luxurious brunch with 2 speakers)
- Bi-monthly investment pitch event with Angel investors
- Quarterly International Speaker event (a formal business lunch with up to 3 speakers)
- Quarterly Micro Accelerator program (a series of workshops, mentoring sessions and talks for a group of 10 businesses)
If you love meeting new people and have an interest in technology and business, apply now on the Gold Coast Student Jobs portal: https://www.goldcoaststudentjobs.com.au/job/43462/event-marketing-trainee
GC Hub i s an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.